Monday, May 2, 2011

Lip Gloss vs Lip Stains

Ever had a lip gloss that was perfect color but you just couldn't get it to stay.  After a hour of having that lip gloss "poppin" there was no color left and you were forced to reapply.  What a bummer.  Next time try a lip stain.  Its just like a lip gloss but it just stays a bit longer & you have better staying powder than even a lipstick provides.

Pros
-Good staying power
-glossy finish
-more color payoff

Cons
- not the best for short time wear
-sometimes has a weird smell (kind of like a subtle paint)
-depending on the brand can have weird taste (ok, so sephora lip stain does not taste horrible its TERRIBLE)

I have tried everything from Loreal to the higher end brands and I must say the drugstore brands are better to me.  Less of a weird smell and taste.  The best one I have had is Loreal Color Stay and the worst is Sephora.  Its up to matter of opinion, but I love the concept of lip stains.  My favorite lip gloss is Lancome Juicy Tubes.  It gives you the glossy but not sticky and tacky feeling that I get with MAC lipglass.

No comments:

Post a Comment