Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The truth about colors...

We all want to stand out but some people go too far.  They forget that makeup is supposed to enhance your look not make you look like a clown.  Follow the old rule if your makeup took longer than 5 min chances are your wearing too much.  Sometimes a little makes much more of a statement than multiple colors and cakey foundation.  Neutral colors are defiantly "in" and people are taking advantage of this "matte lip idea".  You must realize that even though everyone is doing something is ultimately what is best for you and what makes you feel like 1 million bucks +.  The "smokey eye" has been around for years and many love & rock it well.  For me sadly, it just doesn't work.  No matter how I try to change technique etc I ultimately end up looking like I have 2 black eyes (or whatever I choose my main color to be).  Most likely because I have a small frame head and average size eyes.  Maybe its my completion, or just the distance between my eyes.   Who knows, but I encourage you to find your own niche and do what makes you happy.  Do not be afraid to experiment but know when to just admit this look is not for me.  We all want to be creative, We all are beautiful, makeup or no makeup attitude is worth more then beauty.

Until next time divas :) 

2 comments:

  1. I agree!!! I actually still haven't found what look looks good on me. :)) I'm thinking of buying a palette just to test out different colors of eyeshadows. Hopefully then I'd know which color is better for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the best way to start out is a palette...There are some really inexpensive palettes out there (check my 1st blog post I cover that)..don't spend lots of money to experiment...treat urself to that when you are really know what look your going from. As long as you use a base or eyelid primer you can save a lot of money (actually you have made me think of a new entry...I will do one on good bases next)...Check the first post those palettes are great buys for the money and very comparable to high end brands. Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete