Sunday, April 24, 2011

IMAN Second to None Cream Stick Foundaton: Pros, Cons & Review


IMAN Second to None Cream Stick Foundation
Price: Walmart $13.37  Walgreens $15.99
Curiosity was getting the best of me and I just had to try a cream stick foundation.  I had heard things about the IMAN cosmetics line which caters to women of color.  That is one thing that I love in a cosmetic company, variety when it comes to shades of foundation.  I also wanted to try a cream stick foundation. 
-For those who do not like liquid or powder foundation this may be perfect for you.
-I highly recommend if you like foundations that provide complete coverage.  It has a creamy texture that does not have that heavy feeling. 

While I do not like it so much for myself (a bit more coverage than I like to wear) I do recommend trying.  The only negative I see is it is a bit hard to evenly spread without looking clownish.  I recommend spreading with a flat top foundation brush buy spreading product on the brush vs using stick straight to your face and/or a good foundation brush will work with the same technique especially to get in places close to your eyes and nose...this way will allow you to get an even spread and is also more hygienic.  It can also be depotted to use (shoot me a comment if you want to know how).  This one I have to say is up to matter of opinion and taste. 
This is the full size of amount of product

I will say this was a bit hard to find.  I went to a few drugstores and walmarts before I finally found it at Walmart.  They didn't have many left on the shelf...Popular product I'm guessing??


Swatch of coverage


Recommended tools to use with this foundation:
-ELF studio line flat top powder brush (purchase at http://www.eyeslipsface.com/ or target)
-Sonia Kashuk Foundation brush (available for purchase at target stores and online http://www.target.com/)
(there are others that will work but I'm giving you the least expensive for the quality for all you bargain hunters)


No comments:

Post a Comment