Monday, April 18, 2011

TIRED OF NAIL CHIPPING?? Sally Hanson: Salon Effects vs. Sally Hanson Quick Color


Nothing is worse than going to get that manicure and a few hours latter you notice you already have some chipped nails.  We have been lead to believe for so many years that nothing can change that.  Finally, someone is hearing our prayers and starting to make products that work.   They allow us to have our natural nails but get the benefits that only fake nails used to provide.   I have tried two drugstore "do it yourself" products that I found really cool.

1) Sally Hanson Salon Effects- $10.99 (can be found in most drugstores)
I didn't have high expectations when I picked up a box of these.  I found them very easy to apply...some what similar to applying stickers to your nails.  The instructions given in the box were more than accurate.  I actually spiced up mine and mixed 2 boxes to create the look I wanted.  A small plus to these is that each box comes with a nail filler that you can reuse after you apply.  I have put the nail filler in my personal kit.  The box says that they last up to 10 days.  I actually found that accurate and I will go a step further to say it can last a bit longer.  I removed mine on the 10th day but they were still in pretty good shape.  The only thing the box doesn't tell you to do is apply a top coat of clear nail polish after applying.  I noticed that this made them have a bit of shine and possibly helped them stay longer.

2) Sally Hanson Color Quick- $10.49 (can be found in most drugstores)

This is a quick pen application of nail polish which is supposed to be fast drying.  The idea for the pen is to be an on the go application that is portable and comes out through an easy to use brush/pen idea.  I was excited to use this because I thought it would possibly last longer than nail polish (I mean for the price tag you would think so)...sadly it let me down.  The brush is cool the first time you use it but when you go back for touch ups it is a bit clumpy and stiff due to the dried nail polish that was there from the last application.  It isn't long lasting.  I noticed that while the nail polish didn't chip away like other polish it started a weird disappearing act on my nail...the polish doesn't chip but it fades away...weird!  Overall it is a good idea and it can be good if you just want something on the go but it isn't the best.

WINNER: Hands down I would go with Sally Hanson Salon Effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment