Wednesday, April 20, 2011

How do I get my eyeshadow not to fade or crease?

It has happened to all of us... You leave the house looking movie star wonderful and a few hours later you look in the mirror and your eyeshadow is a complete mess.  Either it has faded to completely noting or it is creasing and causing the eyeshadow to clump together.  You always wondered why some peoples eyeshadow looks alive and vibrant, truth is they probably have on a great base or eyelid primer.  If you browse the Internet you see most giving credit to Urban Decay Primer Potion which runs about $18 a bottle.  What if you are a teenager in school and simply can't convince your parents it is essential to your life.  That's where I come in...I'm always up for giving you alternatives.  I must say my favorite base is Lancome Nude Eyelid Primer which runs $28 a pop so yes in some cases I am guilty of going with the expensive stuff.  But, the great thing about Lancome is they always have a special rotating between department stores and it gives you a 7 piece giveaway package free if you spend $39.50 and I am a pro of rotating with the bargain.  Anyway, I am going to give some alternatives that I have tried and the pros & cons.

-NYX Eyelid Primer in White -($6 on http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/) eBay seller -$4.89 info will be below-  this is made to make your eyeshadow stand out the most because it is white so its like your eyeshadow going on fresh paint.  While I think the idea is great the results do not impress me to much.  I noticed my eyeshadow began to crease after about 6hrs (and I have normal eyelids not oily, etc)...I do keep this on hand for times I simply want my eyeshadow to pop and I don't need it to last a full day.

-NYX Eyelid Primer in White Pearl ($6 on http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/) eBay seller -$4.89 info will be below -  this is intended to make your shadow brighter and gives sort of a sparkle effect.  It does have the same quality of the one mentioned above with the same results.

-Elf Eyelid Primer ($1 line) http://www.eyeslipsface.com/ - Total waste of time...your eyeshadow completely disappears...I tried it a few times to make sure it really was trash...don't buy!!

-Elf Mineral Eyeshadow Primer (on mineral line,  $3) http://www.eyeslipsface.com/ ... One of the best out..my eyeshadow didn't fade or crease for 12hrs +...the only reason my eyeshadow came off was because it was time for bed and I used remover...I HIGHLY RECOMMEND.  I guess for an extra $2 E.L.F is willing to give us the good formula.  Totally worth it.

-Lancome Eyeshdow Primer Nude ($28) - I used this and love it but I think with the price tag unless you are buying with the sale to get lancome eye makeup remover free (best remover on the land I might add)...do not waste your money because their are other options.

-NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil ($4.50 each according to http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/)... a seller on eBay that I have used and had no problems sells them for $2.45 (will provide info below)- Pros comes in many colors and can add to your eyeshadow and doesn't last all day... maybe 6hrs tops. Kind of hard to blend but for beginners its a go because you get color and staying power. The colors Milk (white) & Black Bean (black) are a any collection must.

EL.F Eyeshadow/Eyeliner stick (studio line $3) http://www.eyeslipsface.com/ - similar to NYX Jumbo pencils...when layered with eyeshadow after (not too much or it will crease) it does have staying power.  Definite plus because it is a double end and has a thin eyeliner twist up at the other end.

NYX info: the seller I purchase from on ebay is embraceit1004...they always list way below value and everything comes in tack, on time, they are really professional.


Until next time Divas :)

2 comments:

  1. hello! :D oh great blog you have here! :) im loving my elf eyeshadow primer! :D its a good buy! and oh i really wanna try nyx jumbo in white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks :)...i'm sure you will love it...its always my go to ...but if you can't get it do try the studio line elf shadow/liner stick in pearl (or any other color they are all great) !!

    ReplyDelete